The Volunteer Homeland Reserve Unit (VHRU) will commence its 13th year as a support group for local law enforcement. Over the past year we have devoted more time and effort to create new relationships in Southern Nevada (Laughlin) and Mohave County Arizona. Our membership in that region has increased and we are able to support multiple agencies, if needed.
Our communication trailer, positioned in Laughlin will undergo improvements by adding a new interior and two larger marine antennas for better communication capabilities. These antennas have been added in December 2012 and plans are under way to improve the interior. Our Vegas trailer, which is positioned in the Henderson Police Department, requires no improvements at this time.
More and more former law enforcement officers are seeking membership. Since the beginning of this year we have added seven (7) new members in the Las Vegas area brining our active membership to a little over 300.
The VHRU will continue to be available to support the police agencies with whom we have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). We will consider additional MOU’s where VHRU’s services and capabilities are consistent with the need of other law enforcement agencies. Our requirements for additional MOU’s will remain unchanged. VHRU and its members will be protected for medical and liability exposure and will only be deployed under the direction and control of the agency.
- Click here for May, 2016 Agenda
- Click here for January, 2015 Agenda
- Click here for October, 2014 Agenda
- Click here for June, 2014 Agenda
- Click here for April, 2014 Agenda
- Click here for February, 2014 Agenda
- Click here for October, 2013 Agenda
- Click here for July, 2013 Agenda
- Click here for May 20, 2013 Agenda
- Click here for March 25, 2013 Agenda
- Click here for January 28, 2013 Agenda